85filip58 Sun 12:14
brlight Tue 04:18

Newest Members

Forums
[SOLVED]Server Showing Offline...setup
Slowz
Mon Jan 21 2013, 07:45PM
Registered Member #7522
This is what I received from my webhost after submitting an email to them regarding query ports:

We are guessing you just want the ports opened, and not 'forwarded'.
We have now opened those 20 ports for UDP and for incomming connections.
If you need them to be outbound or TCP instead, let us know.

I don't know if the above information is correct...I'm having trouble getting the servers to show online....my index page shows the servers, but they all have the red box on the left stating offline.
I guess because I see them my settings are correct? Not trying to advert., just thought the link might help as well.

I don't know if you need this but Host and Servers info:
The above img was from the Stand Alone Version
CoD MW3 and CoD4 servers...custom lgsl_protocol.php file obviously.
Game servers are run from home.
Web host is JustHost:
Apache version 2.2.23
PHP version 5.2.17
MySQL version 5.5.29-log
Architecture x86_64
Operating system linux

EDIT:
I have a nuke evo-extreme cms and I tried the nuke version as well...same results, however, my MW3 servers do not show at all...gives an error.

Can someone with an MW3 protocol file upload it for me, I think mine is no good.
Website
Dodgeitorelse
Tue Jan 22 2013, 05:38AM
Registered Member #6457
since game server is run from home you should make sure that port forwarding is set properly if you have more than one computer connected to modem or router.

lack of effort on your part requires less effort on my part
Website
Slowz
Tue Jan 22 2013, 09:34AM
Registered Member #7522
Thanks for the quick reply Dodge...love those BowTy's. Yeah, the ports are forwarded as the game-servers are up and running...modem and router on site. modem in bridged mode, router in DMZ for the dedi-server's internal IP...two pc's, one I play from, one hosting the servers.

Unless there is some other type of port needed to be forwarded?

I can't test the MW3 servers on the test addy here that's listed in the ReadMe, but my CoD4 server shows up when I test it. Is there a difference between my host opening the ports and the ports being forwarded? Their reply kind of confused me.
Website
Wussie
Wed Jan 23 2013, 02:56PM

Registered Member #4938
Hi Slowz.
Your Cod4 server shows online on my webpage, so I guess your Cod4 custom protocol is not correctly implemented. Try Cod2 gametype instead, or even quake3, it should work anyway

If you are unable to make it show online, try testing different public servers, other than yours.

Your MW3 servers are another matter... all of them appear as offline to me. This can have 2 causes in my oppinion:
1) servers are not correctly configured (can players even connect to them?) or
2) query ports are not open.

So make sure you also have all the query ports open, in addition to the connect ports, both at your ISP and in your numerous network equipments
And yes, as far as your ISP is concerned, "opened" sounds like the right term.

Not working for you?
Don't forget to share the IP/ports of the offending server so that people can do tests and help you.
Oh, and if you're using a modified lgsl_protocol.php, make sure you disable the feed or it may NOT work!
Website
Slowz
Wed Jan 23 2013, 08:52PM
Registered Member #7522
Wussie wrote ...

Hi Slowz.
Your Cod4 server shows online on my webpage, so I guess your Cod4 custom protocol is not correctly implemented. Try Cod2 gametype instead, or even quake3, it should work anyway

If you are unable to make it show online, try testing different public servers, other than yours.

Your MW3 servers are another matter... all of them appear as offline to me. This can have 2 causes in my oppinion:
1) servers are not correctly configured (can players even connect to them?) or
2) query ports are not open.

So make sure you also have all the query ports open, in addition to the connect ports, both at your ISP and in your numerous network equipments
And yes, as far as your ISP is concerned, "opened" sounds like the right term.

Thanks for trying to help me.
I did as you said: From the top,
I suppose my protocol isn't right or whatever you're talking about...(don't quite understand)...because neither CoD2 or Quake3 worked as a substitute. And yes, on the test site from here, my CoD4 server is showing online, but I have no way to test my MW3 servers because of the custom protocol needed.
I also tried two other servers of CoD4, and one other MW3 server(on my end)...nothing doing.

My MW3 servers do have the ports open as the whole pc that I host the servers on is set to DMZ mode. Yes, players can and do connect...I run b3 bot for the MW3 servers and over 12,000 peeps have joined so I know the ports are open.
I followed the tutorial I found on this site for setting up the protocol file but apparently I messed something up?

Maybe I could test your protocol file to see if it works? If you wouldn't mind that is.
Or maybe you could test mine, either way. Here's mine...Nuke install.
http://www.forgottenus.net/~downloads/Slowz_LGSL.zip

Anyway, thanks for attempting again, Slow.
Website
Wussie
Thu Jan 24 2013, 05:43AM

Registered Member #4938
Hey, no need to quote my post, it's right above

First of all you need to make sure that your LGSL is working at all. Try adding different types of servers (quake3, counterstrike, bf1942 etc), find the IPs/ports on http://www.gametracker.com/servers/ and see if they show online on your LGSL webpage.

If that worked, then you could try the source gametype for the MW3 servers, because the custom protocol you have now is very poorly implemented and shows no player info, if it works at all.

Your query ports need to be open from your ISP too, not just in the DMZ/firewalls.

P.S. 12,000 players? c'mon.... in what period of time?

Not working for you?
Don't forget to share the IP/ports of the offending server so that people can do tests and help you.
Oh, and if you're using a modified lgsl_protocol.php, make sure you disable the feed or it may NOT work!
Website
Slowz
Thu Jan 24 2013, 11:44AM
Registered Member #7522
As far as my ISP, you told me in the above post that "opened" sounds like the correct term. And now you're suggesting it's not? Now I'm really confused.

AFA my LGSL working, it isn't apparently unless my ISP is blocking it somehow. I tried the #1 ranked server on the bottom three listed. The first 7 are mine, the rest aren't.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by my protocol being poorly implemented...you mean the MW3 part of it?

P.S. I was slightly off on my estimate...I just don't like being called a liar.:) It's been about three months, since mid October 2012. At least that's how long I've had the bot running.

Website
Wussie
Thu Jan 24 2013, 02:01PM

Registered Member #4938
"Opened" is about right, I just wanted to point out that you also need the query ports to be open, in addition to the connection ports. Get it?

Anyway, I think your problem may be something else. The fact that you cannot get one single server to show as online leeds me to believe that your webserver may have FSOCKOPEN disabled. You should know LGSL cannot work properely without it.
Try putting this code in a file test.php and access it in a browser to see how you stand:
echo "You are ";
if (function_exists("fsockopen")) { echo "OK "; } else { echo "out of luck "; }

If you're out of luck, you will have to enable FSOCKOPEN support on your webserver somehow.

P.S. Ofcourse I meant your MW3 protocol as being poorly implemented, you found it somewhere on this forum, but it's unofficial and it doesn't show players list. Just use source as gametype instead.
And 12,000 players is still very high, but more plausible over three months I guess... good for you!

Not working for you?
Website
Zipps
Fri Jan 25 2013, 03:21AM
Registered Member #6028
contact your webhost and make sure that all ports is open
I hade to do that on hostmonster
Website
TacTicToe
Fri Jan 25 2013, 07:45PM
Registered Member #7356
Is this a stock MW3 server? Or a 4D1 MW3 server?
Website
Wussie
Sat Jan 26 2013, 05:18AM

Registered Member #4938
OK my bad, I only now realize that 4D1 servers use a different protocol, so Slow's servers should work with the protocol he already has and not source.
I can see the MW3 servers online now on my webpage by the way.

Slow, I see you got your LGSL working as well, what did you do?

Not working for you?
Website
Slowz
Tue Jan 29 2013, 01:59PM
Registered Member #7522
Sorry, been a little busy. It's 4D1.
I got some of them working...not all, don't know why. I think it's my webhost.
I called them and checked what settings they had...they claimed they had it set for incoming connections, but it wasn't.
It was outbound only. But now only some of them show online, but not the player slots available per server.
I've seen on a friends site, MW3 server show everything but the players currently in the server, mine don't even show the available player slots, and on top of that, only some of them work.
I've been kind of busy lately but I plan on calling my host again to see if the batch file they made to open my ports is correct, I don't think it is.
I'll let you guys know.

Thanks, Slow
Website
Wussie
Tue Jan 29 2013, 03:52PM

Registered Member #4938
Check out your first server in the list, you got the query port wrong. It should be 27017 (qport=cport+2).
I have tested all your servers on my webpage and they all show online with all the right details, so your remaining problems should be webhost-related or LGSL-related.

Try to get your webhost to allow through the firewall all incoming connections in "established/related" state, meaning that a packet arriving on any port should be accepted if it has been previously requested by an outbound connection from the same port. This will temporarily open any necessary port, without the need to have each specific port open permanently. This is how I have my firewall set and it works fine with LGSL.

Not working for you?
Website
Slowz
Tue Jan 29 2013, 04:10PM
Registered Member #7522
Ahh, wow, thanks for figuring the query port out. DERP!

I don't know anything about advanced port forwarding and such terminology. AFA my host, I'll just call them in a couple of hours while my daughter is at dance class...:) I'll ask them exactly as you have said in the prior post because I really don't understand it.
Website
Slowz
Tue Jan 29 2013, 05:51PM
Registered Member #7522
Ok, I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with my host. Apparently they have all my requested ports open, so now I assume my problem lies within my code.
Since you see my servers (MW3) running correctly, would you be willing to share your files with me so that I could either use or at least test them on my site?
Website
Wussie
Tue Jan 29 2013, 06:55PM

Registered Member #4938
Hey, I'm glad I could help
This is the function I use in my lgsl_protocol.php, which is a slightly modified version of the one posted by qwas:
function lgsl_query_90(&$server, &$lgsl_need, &$lgsl_fp)
{
fwrite($lgsl_fp, "\xFF\xFF\xFF\xFFgetinfo\x00");
$buffer = fread($lgsl_fp, 4096);
$buffer = explode("\\", $buffer); if (count($buffer) < 19) { return FALSE; }

$server['s']['game'] = 'Call of Duty: MW3 4D1';
$server['s']['name'] = lgsl_parse_color($buffer[6], "1");
$server['s']['map'] = $buffer[8];
$server['s']['players'] = $buffer[10];
$server['s']['playersmax'] = $buffer[12];
$server['e']['gametype'] = $buffer[14];
$server['e']['protocol'] = $buffer[2];
$server['e']['pure'] = $buffer[16];
if ($buffer[17] == 'pswrd') { $server['s']['password'] = $buffer[18]; }

// DOES NOT RETURN PLAYER INFORMATION! USE RCON QUERIES.
return TRUE;
}

I use it for 4D1 servers only, while for standard MW3 I just use the "source" gametype.
Tell us if it works for you.

Edit: See the RCON version with player info on the next page.

Not working for you?
Website
Slowz
Tue Jan 29 2013, 10:12PM
Registered Member #7522
Houston there is no problem! Thanks for your help Wussie, the code you posted did the trick. I altered the name of the game itself to match the other call of duty's, but that was the problem.

Thank You So Much!

One more question though, is there a way to get the player info to show up for 4D1 MW3? I added the 4D1 MW2 section to my protocol file and it shows the player info. Just wondering.

To sum it up for anyone else having this problem, my "specific" problem was two fold.
1. My web host didn't have the ports forwarded for my games and,
2. My lgsl_protocol code was incorrect.

Wussie's code snip-it, thought not official of course, works beautifully.
Website
Wussie
Wed Jan 30 2013, 05:34AM

Registered Member #4938
You're welcome Slow.
I've searched all over the web for details about the 4D1 query protocol but I was unable to find anything different from what qwas posted on this forum.
So until proven otherwise, I guess we will have to believe qwas, who said that player info is only available via rcon command, which is useless for the general LGSL user.

If you have access to the rcon passwords you can try doing the query like qwas suggested and see if it works.

Not working for you?
Website
Slowz
Wed Jan 30 2013, 11:27AM
Registered Member #7522
Right, that's the link I translated to English and couldn't get to work...probably a translation issue.
Website
Wussie
Thu Jan 31 2013, 02:21PM

Registered Member #4938
Updated the code above to support password protected servers.

Thank you Slow for assisting with the test server.

Not working for you?
Website
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

You are not logged in - Click Here To Signup

Username:    Password:   

Mini Buttons

.... © GreyCube.com - Richard Perry - Powered by e107.org