brlight Tue 04:18

Newest Members

Forums
Adding info to the LGSL block?
vinnyb
Wed Dec 10 2008, 12:39PM
Registered Member #4607
Hi,

I came across this block/module last night when looking for a block for tracking server stats.

Just had a few questions:

Is it possible to add extra info to be displayed? (Ie: Ping & score) I noticed that it shows this info when viewing it from a module perspective, but not as a block.

I tried going into the lgsl_config file, and added this line under "sorting options":

$lgsl_config['sort']['score'] = "Score"; // other options are "score"

But unfortunately, that didn't work. I'm guessing there's another place that I have to add something like that, but I don't know where.

Also, I saw another post that linked to a text file (I think it was called "Dynamic Player List size") to extend the player list vertically. Is there a way to extend it horizontally (to accomodate extra info like ping & score) ?

Side note:

I have a really cool idea that you could do for the next version - instead of using text in a box like it is now, maybe have the php create an image, kinda like what you'd see on game tracker or ServerSpy.

I don't know how complicated that would be (I'm guessing fairly complicated) but it's a cool idea to kick around nonetheless.
Website
Rich
Wed Dec 10 2008, 02:08PM

The block is a small area, so your going to be limited by what you can display, is displaying the score going to be actually useful for your site visitors.

In the lgsl_zone.php the players name is displayed by:
{$player['name']}

You can put the score on the left by using:
{$player['score']} {$player['name']}

If you want to see all the possible player options, there is a PHP function called print_r which outputs the contents of an array. Example usage in the zone:

foreach ($server['p'] as $player)
{
print_r($player);

On the webpage, the result will appear as one long line, but if you view the webpages source, its formatted.

Side note:

Its certainly possible to generate an image with the server details, but it offers few advantages over pure text, and adds more complications.

A much nicer alternative is flash, and there is a stickied thread where some one has made a flash block for LGSL.
Website
vinnyb
Wed Dec 10 2008, 02:17PM
Registered Member #4607
Yeah, I saw that - it's one of the stickied threads, IIRC. But I get a 404 when clicking it, and his website doesn't have a downloads section.

My clan has two servers, an all weapons, and a rifles only. It's COD 2 though, so I'd like to stack em side by side, but I'll work on that once I do this.

Is there a specific line number where that entry is?

*Edit*

Disregard the line number question, and also, I found out why it was giving me a 404 error. I think the URL is being filtered - for some reason it kept redirecting me to this url:

http://www.greycube.com/site/e107_plugins/forum/hyperlink

But if you look at the text, the text itself shows this:

http://www.veloffdesigns.com/flash/lgsl-flash.zip

Thank you for helping me, it was greatly appreciated. When everythings done, I'll be sure to post a link so you can check everything out
Website
Rich
Wed Dec 10 2008, 02:56PM

Ah so many people mis-use the link bbcode, I have amended his link.

You can make your servers side by side, by editing the lgsl_config.php and setting the grid option.
Website

Jump:     Back to top

You are not logged in - Click Here To Signup

Username:    Password:   

Mini Buttons

.... © GreyCube.com - Richard Perry - Powered by e107.org